Problem installing Felicia, invalid kernel solved

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
palito
Level 1
Level 1

Problem installing Felicia, invalid kernel solved

Post by palito »

I have downloaded Felicia CD, burned it into CD but cannot install it because after it boots from CD "invalid kernel" is displayed and it reboots. Installation process is not starting.My laptop has already installed Mint 5. It is Dell c600 Latitude. Help please.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Problem installing Felicia, invalid kernel

Post by Husse »

This looks like a bad ISO to me
Have you checked the md5sum and burned slowly?
palito
Level 1
Level 1

Post by palito »

How slow must I burn? I burned with x11 speed and md5sum seems to be ok.
Husse

Post by Husse »

11x is not fast but I always use the slowest possible setting, but you should really find out the best speed - which is close to impossible unless you burn lots of times and have some analyzing tool
There are always errors when you burn a CD, inf act more than a third of the disc is ECC. If the errors are too many there is simply not enough ECC to compensate Even the best CD has several thousand errors and it's not uncommon that a home burned CD has some 20 000 errors...
palito
Level 1
Level 1

Post by palito »

Thanks for help. My mistake. It was wrong ISO image. Downloaded in once again, burned and now it is ok but now I have a bluetooth problem. But I am trying to deal with in other post so this one can be closed.

Return to “Installation & Boot”