Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Calon Merc
Level 1
Level 1

Partition Problems

Post by Calon Merc » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:22 pm

I am wanting to partition my Linux drive into a 20gb part. and a 15gb part. so I can install an operating system my friend is working on. I tried GParted but it wouldn't partition the drive. I tried Paragon Partition Manager in Windows but it wouldn't partition my Windows drive either. I have two hard drives, hd0 for Windows and hd1 for Mint. I don't care which one I partition, but I want about 20gb to mess with. Anyone know a solution?

cbaltar2
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Partition Problems

Post by cbaltar2 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:20 pm

Why not use the Mint live CD directly? I mean boot from that, and when it gets to the partitioning stage, select Manual Partitioning, then there'll be a screen allowing you to modify the partitions there (create, delete or edit existing partitions).

Good luck,
Cristian

Calon Merc
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Calon Merc » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:58 am

Good idea, thank you. I'll try that in the morning.

DataMan
Level 6
Level 6

Post by DataMan » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:17 pm

Get a copy of GParted Live. Burn the iso and boot directly to the burned CD. Make your changes and you should be good-to-go. Note <opinion> GParted Live is an essential tool you probably want to have available anyways</opinion>. It's a whole lot faster to boot to GParted Live than it is for most Live versions of Linux distro's.

DataMan
Linux'd since 2005 Linux ID 422356 Ubuntu ID 15015

Return to “Installation & Boot”