Verification Install - No Internet [Solved]

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DataMan

Verification Install - No Internet [Solved]

Post by DataMan »

Most likely at some point in the not-too-distant future I'm going to need to install Mint 17 LTS (32 or 64 bit) with no internet connection initially. The reason the install will be net naked is because we will be installing behind a corporate firewall. Post install, I will update - build the necessary file content behind /etc/environment. My question after all of this is the internet pre-check during the install an advisory only or will it lock out the installation?

TIA,

-DataMan
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Verification Install - No Internet

Post by Fred Barclay »

It's advisory only. I've installed Mint several times without internet, and it did just fine.
To be honest, I'm not even sure why a internet connection is advised. It's not as if updates are installed during the installation process. :?
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein

Return to “Installation & Boot”