Can't install Mint with burned CD

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Can't install Mint with burned CD

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:28 am

I would take screenshots of Vista, but I'm not able to copy/paste in Vista like in xp. :|

I downloaded the iso of Mint 5 32bit standard. I burned the iso with Imgburn app, using "write image to disc". I assumed everything should work, I've burned many iso's in the past.
In C: it just looks as if it just copied the iso, but I dont' know. I restarted my pc 3 times, including removing a burning program assuming I could fix any conflicts. The cd doesn't boot the installer, windows just boots. I even put CD as the first boot option.

Any help? I want to install Mint into my partitioned D:

Frustrated1979
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Can't install Mint with burned CD

Post by Frustrated1979 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:45 am

I'm almost having the same issue, although be it with more troubleshooting. I wish i could help, but i cannot seem to help myself right now.
below is a link to my post maybe between yours and mine we may have some justice.

Thanks!

http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopi ... 46&t=19609

DataMan
Level 6
Level 6

Post by DataMan » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:53 am

I'm not familiar with your Windows burning s/w. If you are sure that you are in fact burning it as an iso and not a data file then you might want to check to see if the app supports md5 sum checks. You'll have to hunt around within you app for this feature. Also, check the sticky on this board for additional trouble-shooting guidelines on errant install disk. If all else fails and you have no local friends using Linux, you could purchase a copy. At distro watch http://distrowatch.com/ they've got links to services that for a small fee will ship you the install disc (well worth the nominal cost).

Hope this helps.

DataMan
Linux'd since 2005 Linux ID 422356 Ubuntu ID 15015

Pierre
Level 19
Level 19

Post by Pierre » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:42 am

Using My Computer, look at the cd - is there only one file Or is there several files, on the cd?.

If the 1st, then you only copied the ISO to the cd -> there should be several files/ folders.

P.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

Return to “Installation & Boot”