hdmi connected screen

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
oldal

hdmi connected screen

Post by oldal »

My computer is a HP 2000 laptop with linux-mint17.3-mate-64bit OS. When talking about linux, It is very convenient to have a bigger screen, connected via hdmi cable, to show others what is happening on the laptop screen. This is quite simple to achieve with windows, which can be prompted at the beginning of the session to show three options, one of which is to show the same image on the secondary screen as is at the primary screen. It is highly likely that a linux system would have a similar option.

What I get on the secondary screen is a faithful reproduction of all that is shown on the laptop screen, until completion of the boot process. Once booted, laptop screen shows usual output, but the second (larger) screen shows a frozen image at the earlier booting stage.

Can you help or can you refer me to the appropriate documentation? Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Installation & Boot”