I'm having trouble getting my laptop to recognize that a bootable USB stick exists.

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
commandrix

I'm having trouble getting my laptop to recognize that a bootable USB stick exists.

Post by commandrix »

Yes, I did change the boot order in BIOS so that it'll boot from USB first. Yes, I did download the Linux Mint ISO and put it on the USB drive. It's a new Toshiba laptop with Windows and I want Linux Mint.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
LinuxJim

Re: I'm having trouble getting my laptop to recognize that a bootable USB stick exists.

Post by LinuxJim »

Did you turn off the Secure Boot option in the BIOS?
owend

Re: I'm having trouble getting my laptop to recognize that a bootable USB stick exists.

Post by owend »

Did you select "Make bootable USB stick", not simply copy the iso file to the stick (right-click on the iso file)?
commandrix

Post by commandrix »

LinuxJim wrote:Did you turn off the Secure Boot option in the BIOS?
That did it. I didn't realize that was a feature in BIOS. (Guess you can tell I don't mess around with BIOS very much.) Thanks!

Return to “Installation & Boot”