error message in installation "Force UEFI Installation?" linux mint 18 sarah

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ihabhamed

error message in installation "Force UEFI Installation?" linux mint 18 sarah

Post by ihabhamed »

linux mint 18 sarah
cinnamon
hp 350 g1
core i5 ram 6G

I used manual partitioning:
EFI partition 1gb primary beginning,
/ 50gb primary beginning,
swap 12gb primary beginning,
/home 200gb primary beginning.

I only have a new empty Hard Disk 750, there in no dual boot

error message

Code: Select all

"This machine's firmware has started the installer in UEFI mode but it looks like there may be existing operating systems already installed using "BIOS compatibility mode". If you continue to install Debian in UEFI mode, it might be difficult to reboot the machine into any BIOS-mode operating systems later.

If you wish to install in UEFI mode and don't care about keeping the ability to boot one of the existing systems, you have the option to force that here. If you wish to keep the option to boot an existing operating system, you should choose NOT to force UEFI installation here.")
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: error message in installation "Force UEFI Installation?" linux mint 18 sarah

Post by deepakdeshp »

There is no reason to use UEFI except if you want to boot Windows or if you want to boot from a partition more than 2 TiB is size. And you can always find a solution for the latter.

UEFI brings a heck of a lot of disadvantages with it and no advantages. Don't use it.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
Jak1611

Re: error message in installation "Force UEFI Installation?" linux mint 18 sarah

Post by Jak1611 »

i'm already using windows 10 , can anyone tell me , is there any way to dual boot "linux mint 18 xfce" along with win10
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

Jak1611 wrote:i'm already using windows 10 , can anyone tell me , is there any way to dual boot "linux mint 18 xfce" along with win10
The tutorial

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=163126
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb

Return to “Installation & Boot”