unable to locate package mintupgrade

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
neomaxi

unable to locate package mintupgrade

Post by neomaxi »

I'm following the instructions to upgrade from mint 17.3 to mint 18 and i get this message when trying to install mintupgrade..

Here is from my terminal...

danny@diningRoom ~ $ sudo apt install mintupgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package mintupgrade
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Derek_S
Level 6
Level 6

Re: unable to locate package mintupgrade

Post by Derek_S »

Hello neomaxi - Go into Software Sources and make sure you are using the default mirrors. Click the tab on the bottom of the panel to select the defaults, then update the cache.
"When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself." - Tecumseh
neomaxi

Post by neomaxi »

Derek_S wrote:Hello neomaxi - Go into Software Sources and make sure you are using the default mirrors. Click the tab on the bottom of the panel to select the defaults, then update the cache.
I did this and still get same error?
IanDSamson

Post by IanDSamson »

Yup, I have some users on Linux Mint Cinnamon group on Facebook who are also experiencing the same issue, yet their Software Sources is set to the default.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/linux.mint.cinnamon
Can someone please assist?

Return to “Installation & Boot”