Multiple LOGIN screens during Load (Mint 18)

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Fred60
Level 2
Level 2

Multiple LOGIN screens during Load (Mint 18)

Post by Fred60 »

Is there a way to get rid of the multiple LOGIN screens during load of MINT 18. I have a single user system and do not need a login password.

During load I get 3 pauses for a LOGIN PW. If I do nothing they continue on with the load after waiting several seconds. If I enter the password I use for updates there are still 3 requests for a password.

This might seem to be a nit, but it just extends the login time so that it is much slower than with previous levels.

:shock:
"I know you think you know what I said, but what you need to know is, I didn't say what I meant"
Reorx
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Multiple LOGIN screens during Load (Mint 18)

Post by Reorx »

Have you tried >>> Menu > Login Window > Auto login tab???
Full time Linux Mint user since 2011 - Currently running mostly LM19C and a little LM20C.

Image Image Image
Fred60
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Fred60 »

Thanks for pointing my nose at that. It did cut back on LOGIN screens from 3 to 1 which if ignored continues on with the boot reducing the load time by about 15 to 20 seconds. It would be nice to skip even the first one like version 16 and 17 do.

:)
"I know you think you know what I said, but what you need to know is, I didn't say what I meant"
Reorx
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Reorx »

Encryption PW???
Full time Linux Mint user since 2011 - Currently running mostly LM19C and a little LM20C.

Image Image Image

Return to “Installation & Boot”