Hang On Shutdown and Boot [SOLVED]

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Reddog

Hang On Shutdown and Boot [SOLVED]

Post by Reddog »

So I'm starting to get things sorted out with my new install of Mint 18 KDE. I absolutely love the KDE desktop and how customizable it is.

Everything was going well until my computer froze on shutdown around 20:45 last time (time given to reference in log files). See the attached picture for the shutdown screen when it froze.

I did a hard reset and the GRUB boot menu loaded, which was strange because normally I don't see and my computer just boots into Mint. I chose normal boot and got a frozen black screen. Hard reset again into recovery mode, this time it booted but with no graphics. Hard reset again and normal boot and so far no problems since then.

Any idea what's going on? Other than that issue last night my system has been quite stable so far :)

I've attached the pic of the shutdown screen where it hanged. I tried to attach my kernel log but it says invalid file type. I tried changing it to a text file and that didn't work either.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Reddog

Re: Hang On Shutdown and Boot

Post by Reddog »

Just want to say thank you to the person who updated the Thermal Daemon Service a couple months ago.

Haven't had a hang on shutdown since!

I'm still really into learning Linux and I'm taking a few online courses. I plan to take the exams for LPIC-1 in the near future.

Thanks again.

Return to “Installation & Boot”