Loveno Ideapad 310

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
los

Loveno Ideapad 310

Post by los »

I had a difficult time getting my Ideapad 310 to work with sound initially. It would show the sound bar moving up and down but nothing coming out the speakers, and the out put device was dummy, not speakers. Additionally the mouse and screen refresh were slow and sometimes skipping
So after several trials and errors, I Installed Ubuntu with 16.10 kern and everything worked correctly, then I installed XFCE Mint again but this time upgraded the kern from 16.04 to 16.10, everything works perfect now. I hope this helps others, because I returned another laptop to Microcenter (ACER) for the same reason.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Loveno Ideapad 310

Post by all41 »

los wrote:I had a difficult time getting my Ideapad 310 to work with sound initially. It would show the sound bar moving up and down but nothing coming out the speakers, and the out put device was dummy, not speakers. Additionally the mouse and screen refresh were slow and sometimes skipping
So after several trials and errors, I Installed Ubuntu with 16.10 kern and everything worked correctly, then I installed XFCE Mint again but this time upgraded the kern from 16.04 to 16.10, everything works perfect now. I hope this helps others, because I returned another laptop to Microcenter (ACER) for the same reason.
Excellent report los.
No doubt this will help others.
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.

Return to “Installation & Boot”