Installing Linux on laptop.

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Irakus

Installing Linux on laptop.

Post by Irakus »

Hi. I've had problems with installing Linux Mint as well as other distributions on my laptop. First of all the grub screen isn't graphical version, its only black background with white letters from which I can choose between starting Linux mint, doing memory test etc. I tried the nomodeset method but it didn't work as I wanted. No matter what I try, after I try to boot I got blackscreen and nothing is happening. I installed Linux once on that laptop but adter that I had soft reset and I cannot install it now. I have some Intel HD graphic card int it. Please help. If this topic should be in different section just tell me, I'll delete this one and repost in the right one.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cobber

Re: Installing Linux on laptop.

Post by Cobber »

Irakus wrote:First of all the grub screen isn't graphical version, its only black background with white letters from which I can choose between starting Linux mint, doing memory test etc.
That is what you are supposed to see.

Do you get a black screen when using the live DVD/USB?
Irakus

Re: Installing Linux on laptop.

Post by Irakus »

Yes, I get blackscreen when I tryy to boot system from live DVD/USB.

Return to “Installation & Boot”