Windows Dual Boot/Virtual box/or run from USB

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
epicureanlibertine

Windows Dual Boot/Virtual box/or run from USB

Post by epicureanlibertine »

I have loaded Mint 18.1 only on my Samsung laptop alone. I am considering rooting my android and nervous about the Linux versions of ODIN. I was thinking about loading a dual boot windows to accomplish this through windows, which I know to work well, as I have rooted in windows many times. I suppose I wouldn't mind it for those few times I may need window, but I confess my near hatred of all things Microsoft Windows is such that I would love to avoid it.

So. input requested. Is it possible to simply run windows from a USB to run ODIN and other tools just to accomplish the root process.

How exactly do you suggest I do this? I have never run windows from a USB, do they even have a free copy? Another reason why I despise Windows. If it worked well it would be a non issue to pay for the product...thats fair..I dont expect people to work for free, but its such junk my God they ought to apologize and return the money they have already taken.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gold_finger

Re: Windows Dual Boot/Virtual box/or run from USB

Post by gold_finger »

There is no "live" Windows bootable USB as there is in Linux, but you might want to have a look at this: How to install a free legal Windows in VirtualBox.

Return to “Installation & Boot”