Installation mode and sound

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
WJacques

Installation mode and sound

Post by WJacques »

Hello,
something that I cannot explain happens each time I install a Mint distro (KDE, Xfce or Cinnamon). During the DVD live session, the sound works perfectly. Then when I do a manual installation (Something else) there no sound after the post installation reboot.

When I do the "Erase disk and install Linux Mint" installation, there is sound after the post installation reboot. To check if it is not a pure coincidence, I have done this process several times during the last couple of days with KDE, Xfce and Cinnamon. Always the same results. Being a computer dummy I do not understand why this is happening. Anybody can explain me why?

By the way, during the last month, I have tried many distros, all installed with "Something else" option and the sound problem happened only after the Mint installation.

Thank you very much
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Installation & Boot”