Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
wutsinterweb
Level 4
Level 4

Mount ISOs in Dolphin right click menu?

Postby wutsinterweb » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:54 pm

I did a fresh install of 18.2 KDE and before I did, CD/DVD ISOs would, if I right clicked on the file, allow me to choose open with and then mount the image/ISO. I haven't succeeded in figuring out how to search for a solution to get that feature back. I tried different search wordings.
I want to learn!

administrollaattori
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Mount ISOs in Dolphin right click menu?

Postby administrollaattori » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:21 pm

You need to set default action for ISOs. In Mate Engrampa does the job.

phd21
Level 13
Level 13

Postby phd21 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:39 pm

Hi "wutsinterweb",

I too have had issues with this in Linux Mint 18.x, even after installing Plasma Widgets for mounting iso images.

See this post
https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=309&t=139407

So, I went into the "Synaptic Package Manager (SPM)", installed iso mount packages from the link above. AcetoneISO is superb with many options too (you can make default iso app), can auto-mount and open in file managers. The CDemu looks interesting, but I did not use that.

Went back into configure Dolphin -> Services -> Download New Services, added various "iso mount" services, and now it works, but I have no idea which one worked. One service widget asked if I want to install it locally for just my user, or for all users, I chose all users, and it came up and asked where my KDE5 service menus are with a file browse dialog, I browsed to the folder below.
/usr/share/kservices5/ServiceMenus/

Hope this helps ...

KDE18_Mount_ISO-1sm.jpg

KDE18_Mount_ISO-2sm.jpg
Phd21: Mint KDE 17.3 & 18.2, 64-bit Awesome OS, Ancient Dell OptiPlex 780 Core2Duo E8400 3GHz,3gb Ram,160gb hdd, Video: Intel 4 Graphics, DVD Lightscribe. Why I use KDE?:https://opensource.com/life/15/4/9-reasons-to-use-kde

wutsinterweb
Level 4
Level 4

Postby wutsinterweb » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:05 am

That helps, the one I must have had working mounted through open with option in the right click. I also found out that I can extract the ISOs.
I want to learn!

phd21
Level 13
Level 13

Postby phd21 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:43 am

HI "wutsinterweb",

You are welcome ...

As usual, there are more than one option for doing this.

AcentoneISO can do many things on any edition of Linux Mint, and can be used with the right click "Open With" file manager option. I am impressed with this application.

Using the other "fuse" mounting options work too, including integrating with the KDE Dolphin file manager right click menu.
Phd21: Mint KDE 17.3 & 18.2, 64-bit Awesome OS, Ancient Dell OptiPlex 780 Core2Duo E8400 3GHz,3gb Ram,160gb hdd, Video: Intel 4 Graphics, DVD Lightscribe. Why I use KDE?:https://opensource.com/life/15/4/9-reasons-to-use-kde

Return to “Installation & Boot”