Displayport Output not available during boot-up

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
userx

Displayport Output not available during boot-up

Post by userx »

Went from Windows 7 to Linux Mint 18.2 Sonya on a Lenovo ThinkCentre E73 and I am very happy so far with this decision. The computer is currently connected to a Benq G2420HD 1920x1080 monitor via VGA. This set-up works just fine.
The desktop station has an integrated displayport which I am connecting via adapter cable to the hdmi port of the display. When doing so there is no video input signal during the boot sequence and so on. As soon as Linux Mint has finished booting in the background, I then unplug/plug-in the displayport cable once more and the video signal gets recognized by the display. So this means the cable works fine.

i have already updated the bios to the latest version:
https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ch/de/prod ... s/DS038324

The system uses an intel core i3 with integrated graphics output for vga and displayport:
https://support.lenovo.com/ch/de/solutions/pd029623

there were no issues during boot-up when windows 7 was installed, so i suspect it may have something to do with secure boot, cms and/or uefi support, but i still can't wrap my mind around it. Unfortunately, there is not much information available for this specific problem. Some input concerning this matter would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
userx

Re: Displayport Output not available during boot-up

Post by userx »

There seems to be an issue with the dp-to-hdmi-adapter-cable that I must have overseen somehow. I tried the same cable on a different monitor for testing purposes and got the same result: no screen during boot-up and only after physically reconnecting the cable i would get a video signal.

Luckily, the second monitor could also be connected dp-to-dp directly and this worked from the get-go. I have to ascertain the root cause, but I'm thinking of a hdcp issue. Most certainly not a linux-connected problem here. I will replace the cable by tomorrow and hopefully close this thread. Sorry, for the inconvenience!

Return to “Installation & Boot”