Problem with CMakeLists.txt

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
varuma

Problem with CMakeLists.txt

Post by varuma »

Hi,

I made the following thing due to install compiler:

sudo apt-get install nvidia-cuda-dev nvidia-cuda-toolkit libmicrohttpd-dev libssl-dev cmake cmake-curses-gui build-essential

Then I had to make the following steps:

cmake .
make install

But this error appears: The source directory "THE DIRECTORY WHERE IS THE EXE I NEED TO COMPILE" does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt

What can I do?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
varuma

Re: Problem with CMakeLists.txt

Post by varuma »

Please, advice me what can I do..
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi "varuma",

Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux Mint and its excellent forum !

It would help to know more about your system setup. If you run "inxi -Fxzd" from the console terminal prompt, highlight the results, copy and paste them back here, that should provide enough information.

What exactly are you trying to do, what website(s) are involved, what have you downloaded, and what have you done already?

If you have a Nvidia video card, you can install the driver easily using the link below without compiling anything. There are also Nvidia tools in the Software Manager or Synaptic Package Manager (SPM).

NVIDIA: how to install the latest video card drivers
https://sites.google.com/site/easylinuxtipsproject/12

FYI: It is always better to install any application using the Software Manager or Synaptic Package Manager (SPM) first, then developer installation files (deb file, AppImage, snap package, flatpak, run, sh (scripts), etc..), using a PPA and or their software repository instructions, last option is to compile from source code.

How to Build a CMake-Based Project
http://preshing.com/20170511/how-to-bui ... d-project/

Hope this helps ...
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
varuma

Post by varuma »

Hi,

Yesterday I turned off my laptop and now I can't start Linux.
The following screen appears:

Failed to start the X server (your grafical interface). It us likely that it is not set up correctly. Would you like to view the X server output to diagnose the problem?

What can I do?
varuma

Post by varuma »

Initializing build-in extension DRI2
Loading extension GLX
(EE)
Fatal server error:
(EE) no screen found (EE)
(EE)
Please consult the X.org Foundation support
(EE) Please also check the log file at /var/log/Xorg.0.log for additio
(EE) Server terminated with error (1). Closing log file.
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi "varuma",

You did not answer any of my questions???

If you tried compiling and installing Nvidia drivers, then you might be able to boot into recovery mode, select "root" and type in:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get purge nvidia*

Code: Select all

reboot
After restarting, if it comes up, install the Nvidia drivers using the instructions in the link I gave you.

Otherwise, restore from a backup, or install a fresh copy of Linux Mint.

Good Luck ...

Hope this helps ...
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen

Return to “Installation & Boot”