Lost grub - how did I do that? <solved>

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
urdrwho
Level 5
Level 5

Lost grub - how did I do that? <solved>

Post by urdrwho »

My one 17.3 Rosa install had been running fine since installed a year ago. Then it froze, I did a hard reboot (power button) and then it would not find Grub.

Used SuperGrub disc and booted into Mint. I did a sudo update-grub2. It went through the process, I rebooted and still no grub menu.

I'm new to bring Grub back from the dead.....so what step am I missing??
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
WharfRat

Re: Lost grub - how did I do that?

Post by WharfRat »

Does the computer boot-up to the desktop without first showing the grub menu or is it not booting :?:

If it does boot to the desktop then to get the grub menu to display hold down the right-shift key when booting.
urdrwho
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Lost grub - how did I do that? <solved>

Post by urdrwho »

Never mind. I just noticed that there was a flash drive in the rear USB port. It was trying to boot from it. My dumb. Should I just delete this post so it isn't taking up server space? :)

<solved>
Last edited by urdrwho on Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

urdrwho wrote:Should I just delete this post so it isn't taking up server space? :)
We prefer that you just mark it as 'SOLVED'... and one day, someone will find it and learn from your mistake. Best reason to make them, I say. :)

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

urdrwho wrote:Never mind. I just noticed that there was a flash drive in the rear USB port. It was trying to boot from it. My dumb. Should I just delete this post so it isn't taking up server space? :)
No, don't delete it since there was a reply to it (mine :D )

It will age-out and fall out-of-sight very soon :wink:

If you know how please mark it as solved.

Return to “Installation & Boot”