Dual boot Win10 on my PC 2 in 1 Dell XPS 9365

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mdigitale

Dual boot Win10 on my PC 2 in 1 Dell XPS 9365

Post by mdigitale »

Hi all,
the partitoin managern doesn't show current partitions, and I cannot create new partition to install Mint 18.3 Cinnamon. My PC has an SSD disk.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
michael louwe

Re: Dual boot Win10 on my PC 2 in 1 Dell XPS 9365

Post by michael louwe »

@ mdigitale, .......
mdigitale wrote:Hi all,
the partitoin managern doesn't show current partitions, and I cannot create new partition to install Mint 18.3 Cinnamon. My PC has an SSD disk.

Please help me. Thanks in advance.
Fyi, afaik, since 2015, Dell shipped their XPS line and Business line(Latitude and Precision) of Win 10 PCs with SATA configuration in BIOS set to RAID mode using proprietary Intel RST drivers = the hard-drive cannot be detected by the Linux Installer = not easy to install Linux. ... http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter ... t/19659260

Even reinstalling Win 10 in RAID mode on the Dell XPS line is not easy, ie you need to first install the Intel RST driver before Win 10 can be installed. So, should use AHCI mode.
... It was even worse for the 2016-released Lenovo Yoga 900-13ISK, ie only RAID mode was available and no AHCI option in BIOS SATA setting. To get the AHCI option, you needed to update the BIOS firmware to the one that is dated early 2017.

Return to “Installation & Boot”