[SOLVED] Applications do Not appear in Status Bar

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ashocka

[SOLVED] Applications do Not appear in Status Bar

Post by Ashocka »

Hi,

I've just installed LM Mate 18.3

At install, open applications showed in the status bar at the bottom. After some software installs, now open applications don't show at all. The only way to access them is via ALT+TAB. Is there any know problem and solution here?

This used to happen in some old installs of Cinnamon.

Long time Linux user.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Applications do Not appear in Status Bar

Post by Moem »

If you were on Cinnamon, I'd say you had probably managed to remove the applet called 'Windows List' and needed to add it back to the panel (that's what we call the bar at the bottom of the window, where useful stuff is shown). On Mate, I don't know, but maybe these hints will lead you in the right direction?

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Ashocka

Post by Ashocka »

Moem wrote:If you were on Cinnamon, I'd say you had probably managed to remove the applet called 'Windows List' and needed to add it back to the panel (that's what we call the bar at the bottom of the window, where useful stuff is shown). On Mate, I don't know, but maybe these hints will lead you in the right direction?
So I've enabled apps in the apps panel on the right, which seems to work. Thanks
Ashocka

Post by Ashocka »

Okay, now I have it working on the main panel by going in an adding it to the main panel.

Weird it went AWAL

Thanks

Return to “Installation & Boot”