Hardware errors after instalation

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ewro

Hardware errors after instalation

Post by Ewro »

My Windows was with problems so i decide give a chance for Linux. I made a bootable pendrive with the Cinnamon 18.3. After the automatic boot screen, i just could enter in Mint using the Compatibility mode, if not the computer restart. I went to "Install Linux Mint" and selected the "Erase disk and install Linux Mint" option. The instalation proceed normally and i restart my computer(i didnt remove my pendrive for the restart). After that, i reach the gnu grub screen. I select the "Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon 64-bit", but i see 3 hardware errors and the computer restart.
I can use the Recovery Mode, and i use this to install the amd64-microcode, but thats all.
Maybe i did something wrong in the installation?

ps: english isnt my primary language, so sorry by the mess
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
michael louwe

Re: Hardware errors after instalation

Post by michael louwe »

@ Ewro, .......
Ewro wrote:...
Normally, after the installation of LM as a single-boot has completed, if you then straightaway Restart the computer, you should go into BIOS setup by pressing one of the Function or F-keys, eg F2, F10, F12, etc and change the Boot (device) order from USB drive to internal hard drive. Save changes and Exit BIOS setup. This will boot LM if it has been successfully installed. For single-boot, there will be no Grub menu displayed unless you had pressed the SHIFT or ESC key repeatedly after exiting BIOS setup or during computer startup. Thereafter, the Live LM USB pendrive should be removed.

If after computer Restart, you did not go into BIOS setup, then the computer will continue to boot the Live LM USB pendrive = Grub menu displayed.

Bear in mind that there is another F-key for you to choose the One-Time Boot menu, which is a temporary Boot (device) order setting, ie won't be retained after a computer Restart or Power off/on.
Ewro

Re: Hardware errors after instalation

Post by Ewro »

I change it, my boot order is:
1. CH3 M. : TOSHIBA ...
2. USB-HDD0 : Generic Flash Disk
3. Bootable Add-in Cards

But i still getting the gnu grub menu, and selecting the first option make my computer restart.
Maybe i can re-install LM again?

edit: i followed this guide viewtopic.php?f=46&t=122257 (i use a R7 370) and i gone to compatibility mode, its the purpose of the guide or something wrong happened?

edit2:i tried the command inxi -m for check my ram, because in my Windows the task manager showed "8Gb unknown", and i see the message
Memory: No dmidecode memory data: try newer kernel.
My specs:
System: Host: marcos-GA-78LMT-USB3-6-0 Kernel: 4.10.0-38-generic x86_64 (64 bit)
Desktop: Cinnamon 3.6.6 Distro: Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia
Machine: Mobo: Gigabyte model: GA-78LMT-USB3 6.0
Bios: Award v: F2 date: 11/25/2014
CPU: Hexa core AMD FX-6300 Six-Core (-MCP-) speed/max: 1400/3500 MHz
Graphics: Card: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Curacao PRO [Radeon R7 370 / R9 270/370 OEM]
Display Server: X.Org 1.18.4 drivers: ati,vesa (unloaded: fbdev,radeon)
Resolution: 1368x768@0.00hz
GLX Renderer: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 4.0, 128 bits)
GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 17.0.7
Network: Card: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller
driver: r8169
Drives: HDD Total Size: 516.2GB (3.5% used)
Info: Processes: 208 Uptime: 8 min Memory: 681.0/7963.5MB
Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 2.2.35

Return to “Installation & Boot”