I installed Linux Mint 18.3 and I can not boot my computer unless it's from the usb drive.

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
elrichc137

I installed Linux Mint 18.3 and I can not boot my computer unless it's from the usb drive.

Post by elrichc137 »

I just installed the latest version of Linux Mint in my Acer aspire e5-523, when I restarted it, it took me to the boot menu and only gave the option to boot from the usb drive.
If I restart it and remove the usb drive, the screen says "No Bootable Device." I tried the solution in this post, viewtopic.php?f=46&t=122257, but it did not work. Can anyone help?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Re: I installed Linux Mint 18.3 and I can not boot my computer unless it's from the usb drive.

Post by austin.texas »

Boot the installed Mint using the USB drive.
Open a terminal (ctrl-alt-t).
Install boot-info-script:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install boot-info-script
Then run the script:

Code: Select all

sudo bootinfoscript --stdout | pastebin
Post the resulting URL link that displays in the terminal.
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018
michael louwe

Re: I installed Linux Mint 18.3 and I can not boot my computer unless it's from the usb drive.

Post by michael louwe »

@ elrichc137
elrichc137 wrote:...
Normally, after you have done the install of LM, during Restart, you should go into UEFI-BIOS setup's Boot menu by pressing one of the F-keys, in order to reset the 1st Boot device from the USB-drive to the internal hard-drive. Did you do this.?

Return to “Installation & Boot”