[SOLVED] System Problems.

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lifeyears

[SOLVED] System Problems.

Post by lifeyears »

I'm experiencing a problem and i don't know how to fix it and its on my desktop. files and windows don't open up properly and i don't know if i should download the operating system again or if there is something i can do on the terminal. I made a crap picture on how my thing looks like.
1920x1080-white-solid-color-background copy 3.jpg
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: System Problems.

Post by Moem »

Hello, can you please post the result of the following terminal command, and enclose it in code tags? That's the button marked </>.
This is needed for pretty much any question about your system, so it's a good habit to post it straight away.

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxz

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

I don't know, what the picture wants to tell. And I also don't know, what "open properly" means in detail: not at all, wrong size, unreadable text, ...? Please give more details.
Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 »

He's trying to create a launcher, but no info on how he attempted to do this.
All things go better with Mint. Mint julep, mint jelly, mint gum, candy mints, pillow mints, peppermint, chocolate mints, spearmint,....
lifeyears

Post by lifeyears »

Cosmo. wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:44 pm I don't know, what the picture wants to tell. And I also don't know, what "open properly" means in detail: not at all, wrong size, unreadable text, ...? Please give more details.
The picture shows how the desktop looks like when i log in nd by open properly i mean won't open at all forcing me to restart my machine or a small piece of the application is shown
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

All Mint desktops look similar to your sketch, so this doesn't tell us anything. The report requested by Moem would tell us much more.

Does the problem appear for every program? Which did you try?

Return to “Installation & Boot”