[Solved] ACPI Errors when dual booting Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia(Cinnamon)

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
[vanicci]

[Solved] ACPI Errors when dual booting Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia(Cinnamon)

Post by [vanicci] »

Hi, I am trying to explore Linux Mint by dual booting my old laptop (bought Nov 2015) as I heard many great things about Linux. Since I am just starting to learn Python I would like to play around with Linux Mint for the first time.

I'm not a programmer yet so please be patient with me.

My machine is: https://goo.gl/XKkn9u
ACER Aspire F5-571 15.6" Laptop - Intel® Core™ i3-5005U (5th Generation) - 4GB Ram - 1TB HDD - DVD/RW - Windows 10

So I installed Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia(Cinnamon) into my USB using Rufus (following a tutorial online).

At first, I used [UEFI] as the "Boot Mode" but when I ran it, it was just black screen and nothing else.

I read somewhere to change it to [Legacy], so I did. When I started booting the USB, I just see all these "ACPI errors."

See screenshot here:
https://ibb.co/ky3jxx

I also tried changing the USB ports - it didn't work.
I even bought a new USB and installed "fresh" - didn't work neither.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you for reading this.

Regards,
[vanicci]
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: [Help] ACPI Errors when dual booting Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia(Cinnamon)

Post by deepakdeshp »

If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
[vanicci]

Re: [Solved] ACPI Errors when dual booting Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia(Cinnamon)

Post by [vanicci] »

I have seen the Tutorial thread a few days ago, followed the steps but I still kept getting ACPI Errors, unfortunately. :(

I decided to give the machine to my computer technician as I couldn't get it to work. He said he had to change the software of my BIOS to install LM Slyvia successfully. I also asked him to completely remove Windows 10 & replace it with Linux Mint (not to dual boot).

Thanks for your time.

Return to “Installation & Boot”