Linux Mint cannot boot after installation

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Mattjod

Linux Mint cannot boot after installation

Post by Mattjod »

Hello, I'm new here and I'm having some trouble installing Linux Mint. I decided to install it on an old netbook that couldn't run Windows 10 very well but was powerful enough for Linux Mint. I installed it from a USB drive fine without any problems during installation. During the install process, I cleared the only partition I had on the hard drive. When the installation finished, it said Linux Mint installed successfully, but when I tried restarting my computer without the USB drive, it says there is nothing to boot from, despite Linux Mint appearing to install just fine. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thank you!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
michael louwe

Re: Linux Mint cannot boot after installation

Post by michael louwe »

@ Mattjod, .......
Mattjod wrote:.
What is your netbook brand, model and specs.? Or, from the Live USB, post the Terminal output for inxi -Fxz

Intel Atom processors and lack of peripheral device drivers for Linux can be problems.

Netbooks with slow processors and 2GB or less of RAM should run the light-weight LM Xfce.
Ricker

Re: Linux Mint cannot boot after installation

Post by Ricker »

PAE, Physical Address Extension

A guide for getting computers with older Pentium M and Celeron M processors to work with the latest Lubuntu..

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PAE

Return to “Installation & Boot”