TSC_DEADLINE

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
damole

TSC_DEADLINE

Post by damole »

I had Mint 18 installed dual boot with Windows 10 1709 and then I had to re-install Windows because of some problem. Rather than fix Grub I decided to install a fresh Mint 18.3, I have a separate /home partition so it's not so desctructive. GRUB installs correctly but when Mint tries to boot I get an error tell me to update the microcode.
LinuxMint18.3_TSC_DEADLINE.jpg
Luckily I can still edit GRUB to make Windows the system to boot.

Any ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Re: TSC_DEADLINE

Post by rene »

The error message is very unlikely causally related to the system falling down to grub rescue mode. It might be a simple issue of a faulty install, possibly due to to a faulty Mint Live USB. Make sure your downloaded ISO has the correct md5sum (the "integrity check" part of https://linuxmint.com/verify.php) and then just write it to USB again. Two times in a row if you don't mind anecdotal rather than firmly technically founded advise...
damole

Post by damole »

I checked the SHA256 hashes for 18.2/18.3 and they are correct. I already tried installing Mint 18.2 as this was the first time I had tried installing 18.3, it also wouldn't boot. I will try again with 18.3.
damole

Post by damole »

Just an update to this. I downloaded and installed Mint 19 today, all working normal again.

Return to “Installation & Boot”