Can I download and install Cinnamon's panel applet in terminal

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
akerka

Can I download and install Cinnamon's panel applet in terminal

Post by akerka »

Is there some terminal's command allows to install an cinnamon applet?
I want to set up fresh installed system by bash script.
But I still need to make some clicks to set up taskbar.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MintBean

Re: Can I download and install Cinnamon's panel applet in terminal

Post by MintBean »

You can do. The basic method is:
1) Use wget to download the applet to your applets folder.
2) Use dconf to add the applets to the 'enabled-applets' setting.

Code: Select all

#install favourite applets =================================================================================================================
cd ~/.local/share/cinnamon/applets/
wget https://cinnamon-spices.linuxmint.com/files/applets/placesCenter@scollins.zip && unzip placesCenter@scollins.zip

#Enabled applets
dconf write /org/cinnamon/enabled-applets "['panel1:left:0:menu@cinnamon.org:1', 'panel1:left:1:panel-launchers@cinnamon.org:3', 'panel1:left:3:window-list@cinnamon.org:53', 'panel1:center:0:panel-launchers@cinnamon.org:54', 'panel1:right:0:placesCenter@scollins:26', 'panel1:right:1:workspace-switcher@cinnamon.org:51', 'panel1:right:2:spacer@cinnamon.org:49', 'panel1:right:3:notifications@cinnamon.org:6', 'panel1:right:4:sound@cinnamon.org:13', 'panel1:right:5:network@cinnamon.org:9', 'panel1:right:6:inhibit@cinnamon.org:24', 'panel1:right:7:power@cinnamon.org:11', 'panel1:right:8:systray@cinnamon.org:23', 'panel1:right:9:calendar@cinnamon.org:12', 'panel1:right:10:turn-off-monitor@zablotski:15']"
The easiest way to figure out the dconf parameters is to install your required applets in the usual way, the use dconf to list the enabled-applets key value.

Return to “Installation & Boot”