Unable to Boot Any other OS from USB as both Boot Options(USB/HDD) show Mint

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
KARAN10489

Unable to Boot Any other OS from USB as both Boot Options(USB/HDD) show Mint

Post by KARAN10489 »

[*]Hi All

Slightly different question and apologies if it's been answered but i haven't been able to find it yet hence posting. I installed linux mint on my Acer Z1402 and did a clean install (wipe everything including previous windows 10 etc.) To do this i disabled secureboot on UEFI and changed the boot order to load from USB first and this how i was originally able to boot into and install Mint Cinnamon.

But i'm facing an issue now wherein if i try to boot from USB (to load another OS by pressing f12 at the acer screen) I'm prompted to "select Boot Device":

1. Ubuntu (Representing Linux Mint I assume)
2. Ubuntu (Same name and function as above)
3. Enter Setup ( Which just takes me back into UEFI to restart)

All in all i'm not sure what the issue is but it seems like no matter which option i choose i boot back into Mint, the same instance in fact. Is there something broken? And how can i fix it?

Many thanks for the help! Please let me know if there's any other info i can provide
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Installation & Boot”