Installation without a bootloader in LM19

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Retic1959

Installation without a bootloader in LM19

Post by Retic1959 »

Does anyone know if running ubiquity -r will install LM19 without the bootloader as it did in previous versions ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Sir Charles

Re: Installation without a bootloader in LM19

Post by Sir Charles »

I have installed X- and K- ubuntu 18.04 on which LM 19 is based without a bootloader by runningubiquity -b in a terminal.
Mute Ant

Post by Mute Ant »

It's quite easy to modify the Live session so that attempts to install GRUB fail quietly...

Code: Select all

sudo cp /bin/true /usr/sbin/grub-install
sudo cp /bin/true /usr/sbin/update-grub
...for example, replaces two important GRUB command binaries with copies of the do-nothing command true.
Retic1959

Post by Retic1959 »

Marziano wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:58 pm I have installed X- and K- ubuntu 18.04 on which LM 19 is based without a bootloader by runningubiquity -b in a terminal.
Thank you , I installed the LM19 Mate beta using this . Worked perfectly , used the Manjaro grub to boot in , no issues at all .
Sir Charles

Post by Sir Charles »

Retic1959 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:53 pm I installed the LM19 Mate beta using this . Worked perfectly , used the Manjaro grub to boot in , no issues at all .
That sounds great! M&M:s in all shapes and colors! I can't just love them enough.
Cheers
:D

Return to “Installation & Boot”