Motherboard Gigabyte A320M-S2H

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Pablinux

Motherboard Gigabyte A320M-S2H

Post by Pablinux »

Goodnight. I'm desperate!! I have built a new machine with these features: [MOTHER GYGABYTE A320M-S2H AM4 - AMD RYZEN 3 2200G - 4GB RAM - NVIDIA GEFORCE MSI GT710 1GB DDR5 PLATE] and I can not install Linux Mint 18.3 nor 19 beta Tara. It starts through a USB recorded with RUFUS, enters live mode ... and freezes completely, I tried in LEGACY, UEFI, modes and there is no case, it does not install. It stops working the keyboard, the mouse and the screen is as if it were blinking (like a video error). Please, if someone can help me, I will thank you with all my heart. Thank you so much :(
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tinca
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Motherboard Gigabyte A320M-S2H

Post by tinca »

Pablinux ,

I built a computer some time ago (a Gigabyte board, but not your one) but the point could well be relevant.

The motherboard was new and had only recently been released/ I installed Mint and it did run, for seconds only. Then it would simply reboot itself and off we would go again.

After much searching I found someone who had the same motherboard and the same problem. He told me to go and check if there was a newer bios. There was and I installed it and all of the problems stopped immediately.

I contacted Intel (running an Intel CPU), and they said that they were surprised that Gigabyte (one of their main customers had implemented their instructions so poorly into their bios).

This is NOT a complaint about Gigabyte, as I have had a few of their motherboards and never had a problem.

Best regards keith
JOPETA
Level 17
Level 17

Post by JOPETA »

Google Translate is easy to use.
spanish forum.png
Ni cola de león ni cabeza de ratón, prefiero ser diente de ajo.(Javier Krahe)
Pablinux

Post by Pablinux »

Thank you very much for your time Keith and your answer, I will see if I encourage you to update the BIOS. Best regards from Argentina :)
thx-1138
Level 8
Level 8

Post by thx-1138 »

Pablinux wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:21 pm ...................................
...Pablinux, also have a look at -> viewtopic.php?f=49&t=264133
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

Pablinux wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:46 pm AMD RYZEN 3 2200G
After updating the BIOS, make sure you install the latest and greatest kernel. You need at least 4.11 though I think 4.14-4.16 are in the repos.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
Pablinux

Post by Pablinux »

Thank you very much for the collaboration in your response :wink:
Pablinux

Post by Pablinux »

Thank you, thank you very much to all the contributors of this forum for responding to my concern, I am waiting for the new version of GNU-Linux Mint (Tara V.19) and I will try to install it. Best regards to the Mint community from Argentina

Return to “Installation & Boot”