Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
rawill
Level 1
Level 1

Updating my Linux Mint 17.2 to 17.3

Post by rawill » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:10 am

Great thread for a newbie like me to read. I have some questions re something else and upgrading.

I have installed Mint 17.2 MATE on two Acer Aspire One ZG5 netbooks. Then upgraded to 17.3. I think that will be enough for the specs of these old netbooks. When I upgraded it did not change the 17.2 to 17.3 in the bios, no problem to how it runs, but wondered if I could change that.

Re installing in a dual boot with Win 10 (faulty version re the update process) it did not give the option to install alongside. As it did with one of the ZG5s which is dual boot with XP.

I thought, I do not know enough to try something else. I do not want to mess with the Win 10 installation in-spite of the corruption on it. I do have it backed up, but still did not want to risk messing it up.

I am sure someone will point me to a doc that explains what I need to know to install a dual book safely. It is on an Acer Aspire 5349. I am wondering if I should burn a later image. I have 18.3 XCFE Sylvia on an Acer Aspire 5310. It seems to be working fine.
Last edited by Moem on Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added link to the original topic this was split off from

Moem
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Updating my Linux Mint 17.2 to 17.3

Post by Moem » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:24 am

Mod note:
This was split off from viewtopic.php?f=46&t=271250
Please do not post your own questions on a thread that someone else started, but start a new thread instead.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

rawill
Level 1
Level 1

Post by rawill » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:44 am

I thought it was on the same or similar topic and would save duplication. Please just delete my post and I will bow out.

Moem
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Moem » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:31 am

Duplication is fine: all new questions deserve a new thread. That's even in the forum rules and it's totally fine.

Why would you want this thread deleted? Asking questions is a contribution to the community: people will probably do their best answer your questions, for the benefit of all.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Installation & Boot”