boot from usb

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ignarein

boot from usb

Post by ignarein »

Hi,
i hope i am right here with my question.
I have a problem too boot from usb stick on my laptop.
On the laptop is a dual boot system Windows10 and Linux mint 18.3,Grub boot loader 2.
I will erasure windows10 and use the space for testing other Linux distros but there is no possibility in the BIOS to activate CSM option because it is simply not there is not available
all i find in the boot option is Ubuntu or Windows boot loader.
I use
Laptop:ASUS A751N
BIOS: American Megatrends version 304
BIOS utility EZ Mode

Many thanks in advanced for each help!!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: boot from usb

Post by Pierre »

just go through the BIOS very carefully, to check that there is no Legacy support.
:)

if there is none, or you just can't find any,
then see if you can boot with UEFI still working, and boot with that.

how did you get LM18.3 working in the first place ? what method did work ?.

Note that the Ubuntu Boot Loader is the same as the LinuxMint Boot Loader,
as the LinuxMint project is based on the Ubuntu project.
8)
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
ignarein

Re: boot from usb

Post by ignarein »

Hi,
i can go at the first time under windows10 in the UEFI and can chance the boot priority but now there is only too choose windwos boot loader ubuntu boot loader.Further there is no CMS option to activate.
I am really angry!!!!
i will copy here my eMails with Asus service center so you can see what the answer me.
If you no somebody the can hlp please tell me.

//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
logo Customer Service Feedback

Is the answer helpful to your question?

If not, please tell us the reason.
1. The solution is not specific or detailed
2. Agent asked me to do unreasonable test
3. Agent provided me wrong information
4. My product need to be repaired
5. Other

Mr. Basler,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Service Care.

We understand your concern with regard to boot option on your unit. We're more than willing to provide information on this query.

Please be informed that boot option on our laptops are disabled for the purpose of preventing the warranty to be voided. The reason behind is if the unit is or was installed by a non-asus Windows Operating System, the warranty on software or operating will be voided and applicable charges will be applied if it is sent to one of our service center for software/OS issue.

If you wish to have the boot option available, you will need to go to our service center since our technician can enable it on their end.

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you.

We thank you for your understanding.
For immediate assistance:

Visit our live chat customer support at https://www.asus.com/ph/support/ or for Zenfone users: use your Zentalk App
Call our hotline at: (02)798-5700

Thanks!
Have a nice day.
Best regards,
Mark
Customer Service Center
ASUSTek Computer Inc.
//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Basler,

Good Day!

If you wish to have the boot option available, you will need to go to our service center since our technician can enable it on their end.

The following is the contact information:

http://www.asus.com/ph/support/Service- ... hilippines

Please do these steps to find which local service center is closest to you.

1. Choose your product type;

2. Fill in your current location;

3. Click Search;

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you.

We thank you for your understanding.
For immediate assistance:

Visit our live chat customer support at https://www.asus.com/ph/support/ or for Zenfone users: use your Zentalk App
Call our hotline at: (02)798-5700

Thanks!
Have a nice day.
Best regards,
Mark
Customer Service Center
ASUSTek Computer Inc.

Return to “Installation & Boot”