Mintupgrade check aborts

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
darco
Level 4
Level 4

Mintupgrade check aborts

Post by darco »

When running the mintupgrade check, it aborts automatically as it answers itself with a "n"...unable to proceed....
thxs
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
darco
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Mintupgrade check aborts

Post by darco »

I am still looking for help here,,,,updated mintupgrade to latest , still receiving same error....I have never had problems upgrading in past...really stumped

thxs
Sir Charles

Post by Sir Charles »

darco wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:46 pm When running the mintupgrade check, it aborts automatically as it answers itself with a "n"...unable to proceed....
thxs
Do you want to continue? (Y/n)? N
Have you tried to press backspace and type Y followed by enter?
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Post by AZgl1800 »

darco wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:28 am I am still looking for help here,,,,updated mintupgrade to latest , still receiving same error....I have never had problems upgrading in past...really stumped

thxs
duh,
you must press 'Y' for it to continue.

That is not a message that it has crashed, that is just telling you what it is going to be able to upgrade 'this time'.

press 'Y' and let it go.
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
darco
Level 4
Level 4

Post by darco »

Marziano wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:05 pm
darco wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:46 pm When running the mintupgrade check, it aborts automatically as it answers itself with a "n"...unable to proceed....
thxs
Do you want to continue? (Y/n)? N
Have you tried to press backspace and type Y followed by enter?
I can press the Y key for the first two steps, but on the last step, it zooms by and drops me at the prompt..I have no way to enter any key...
Sir Charles

Post by Sir Charles »

That sounds like a quite odd behavior. I'm afraid I don't know how you can get around this issue. I hope other forum members will have some idea as how you can proceed to make it work.
gm10

Post by gm10 »

Of course it does, because you are just running the check. As it tells you in that message that you need to confirm with Y, it is "Simulating an upgrade". Please carefully read the upgrade instructions as well as the messages that the commands give you on screen. It has all been written for a reason.
darco
Level 4
Level 4

Post by darco »

gm10 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:26 pm
Of course it does, because you are just running the check. As it tells you in that message that you need to confirm with Y, it is "Simulating an upgrade". Please carefully read the upgrade instructions as well as the messages that the commands give you on screen. It has all been written for a reason.
oh man,,,thanks ..I cant believe im such a noob!
ajgringo619

Post by ajgringo619 »

It's discussions like this one that have made me a big fan of Linux Mint; not the content, just the way that the community responded to your "noobness". We've all been where you've been; sometimes others forget that.

Return to “Installation & Boot”