Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Newbie Bob
Level 1
Level 1

Mate 18.3 -> 19 upgrade

Post by Newbie Bob » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:14 pm

While trying to upgrade using instructions provided (by Clem ?) , the following 2 major errs resulted -

* Step # D1 - Using the Update Mgr click on 'refresh' to refresh APT cache ...but "COULD NOT DOWNLOAD ALL REPOSITORY INDEXES" due to either: (a) failed to fetch or (b) temp failure resolving ...

* *Step # D3 - to install the upgrade tool... but "UNABLE TO LOCATE PKG MINTUPGRADE" (in lower case ltrs)

What am i doing wrong ??

Newbie (& bewildered) Bob

Sir Charles
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Mate 18.3 -> 19 upgrade

Post by Sir Charles » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:42 pm

Launch Software Sources and restore the mirrors to default. Then try:

Code: Select all

sudo apt update 
in a terminal to see if you still get some error messages. If so post them back here.
I suppose that's one of the ironies of life, doing the wrong thing at the right moment -C.C.

Newbie Bob
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Newbie Bob » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:12 am

Marziano - thanx for the quick reply but apparently i'm stuck in "no go" mode. Running software sources -> restore mirrors to default followed by <sudo apt update> resulted in same errs. Next i tried to copy using edit -> select all -> copy but when i tried to paste into Firefox the err msg - "Can't connect to server forums.linuxmint.com" resulted. Regardless of which URL is entered the same "cannot connect ..." err msg appears. But under Win 7 there are no access problems to same site/server. What am i doing wrong ?

Bewildered Bob

outhud
Level 1
Level 1

Post by outhud » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:15 am

Sounds like your network / internet connection isn't working?

Return to “Installation & Boot”