[SOLVED] Problem with upgrade to Linux Mint 19

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pulseur

[SOLVED] Problem with upgrade to Linux Mint 19

Post by pulseur »

Hello
Thanks for this upgrade of this perfect OS !!!!
I have followed the instructions, made the update, but during the process i had like a screensaver with a clock that appeared....
I tried several time to push an arrow on the keybord, to disable it....until the last time, where it didn't respond. So i left my Asus UX510U "work" all night long and still couldn't remove the screensaver, as if it was stuck on it.
So i turned off the laptop by pressing the button ON/OFF and booted it again.

It is working, BUT on my girlfriend user account, not mine.
On mine, when i try to open my session : it does it and disconnect me directly !!! :(

what's happenning ? any idea please ??

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Problem with upgrade to Linux Mint 19

Post by Moem »

Mod note:
Split off from this topic. Please do not post questions on an announcement topic. Thanks!

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
pulseur

[SOLVED]Re: Problem with upgrade to Linux Mint 19

Post by pulseur »

used rm .Xauthority to solve the problem :)
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: [SOLVED]Re: Problem with upgrade to Linux Mint 19

Post by Moem »

pulseur wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:10 am used rm .Xauthority to solve the problem :)
Very cool! Please note that marking a topic as solved needs to be done in the title of the first post; that way, you are changing the title of the whole topic, not just one post in the thread.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
pulseur

Re: [SOLVED] Problem with upgrade to Linux Mint 19

Post by pulseur »

thank you very much....sorry i didn't pay attention

Return to “Installation & Boot”