LM19 keeps rebooting when using live USB

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
scot^2

LM19 keeps rebooting when using live USB

Post by scot^2 »

I was running 18.3 perfectly on my Thinkpad T410s. In Update Manager I saw a level 1 update for mintupdate. I clicked it and it was installing. Partway through the battery died. It now boots to a black screen with a prompt "initramfs".

I had been planning on upgrading to LM19 anyway, so I burned an ISO to a usb on a different machine. I used the usb to boot live into 19 on the 18.3 machine. After a minute or two it reboots before I can install 19 or anything else.

It seems to stay on and not reboot if I don't do anything. But if I try to copy files from the hard drive, for example, or try to install LM19 it reboots. It waits until I get to the time zone screen in the beginning of the install process.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
scot^2

Re: ISO USB LM19 keeps rebooting

Post by scot^2 »

It seems to stay on and not reboot if I don't do anything. But if I try to copy files from the hard drive, for example, or try to install LM19 it reboots. It waits until I get to the time zone screen in the beginning of the install process.
scot^2

Re: ISO USB LM19 keeps rebooting

Post by scot^2 »

Note that this happens whether I install connected or not to wi-fi.

Return to “Installation & Boot”