installation of Lamp and PhpMyadmin

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
getaway
Level 3
Level 3

installation of Lamp and PhpMyadmin

Post by getaway »

Hello

Experiencing many problems after installing MINT19, I just made a fresh clean install of MINT18.3.
I was now installing again Lamp and PhpMyadmin..
For Lamp, everything looked to be fine as the welcome page of apache2 was displayed on localhost, then the phpinfo page was displayed too, executing <?php phpinfo() ?>.
Problems come with PhpMyadmin which only displayed a long sequence of php code when asked through localhost/phpmyadmin.
Following I enclose the beginning of this page.
No matter I tried to uninstall and reinstall everything, I always got the same result.
Do anybody have and idea ?????

Code: Select all

addJSON( 'list', PMA_RecentFavoriteTable::getInstance('recent')->getHtmlList() ); exit; } if ($GLOBALS['PMA_Config']->isGitRevision()) { if (isset($_REQUEST['git_revision']) && $GLOBALS['is_ajax_request'] == true) { PMA_printGitRevision(); exit; } echo '
'; } // Handles some variables that may have been sent by the calling script $GLOBALS['db'] = ''; $GLOBALS['table'] = ''; $show_query = '1'; // Any message to display? if (! empty($message)) { echo PMA_Util::getMessage($message); unset($message); } $common_url_query = PMA_URL_getCommon(); $mysql_cur_user_and_host = ''; // when $server > 0, a server has been chosen so we can display // all MySQL-related information if ($server > 0) { include 'libraries/server_common.inc.php'; include 'libraries/StorageEngine.class.php'; // Use the verbose name of the server instead of the hostname // if a value is set $server_info = ''; if (! empty($cfg['Server']['verbose'])) { $server_info .= htmlspecialchars($cfg['Server']['verbose']); if ($GLOBALS['cfg']['ShowServerInfo']) { $server_info .= ' ('; } } if ($GLOBALS['cfg']['ShowServerInfo'] || empty($cfg['Server']['verbose'])) { $server_info .= $GLOBALS['dbi']->getHostInfo(); } if (! empty($cfg['Server']['verbose']) && $GLOBALS['cfg']['ShowServerInfo']) { $server_info .= ')'; } $mysql_cur_user_and_host = $GLOBALS['dbi']->fetchValue('SELECT USER();'); // should we add the port info here? $short_server_info = (!empty($GLOBALS['cfg']['Server']['verbose']) ? $GLOBALS['cfg']['Server']['verbose'] : $GLOBALS['cfg']['Server']['host']); } echo '
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linuxmint Cinnamon Tricia 19.3 64 bits
Asus UX430U
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: installation of Lamp and PhpMyadmin

Post by MrEen »

Hi again, getaway.

This is a bit of a guess, but does the last line of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf read Include /etc/phpmyadmin/apache.conf?

If not, you'll need to add it then restart apache2.
getaway
Level 3
Level 3

Post by getaway »

Hi again MeEen

Yes, I feel I'm a bit too present on that forum!!!

And yes, this line" Include /etc/phpmyadmin/apache.conf" is present in /etc/apache2/apache2.conf
(i added it,( following some post on this forum) because it was not there at first)

It's the first time this type of thing happens to me, after 3 or 4 previous install of lamp+phpmyadmin...
Asus UX430U
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

It's been too long since I set mine up for me to remember (and I forgot to take notes!!!) but this site says to do this:

sudo ln -s /etc/phpmyadmin/apache.conf /etc/apache2/conf-available/phpmyadmin.conf
sudo a2enconf phpmyadmin
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reload
I just checked my /etc/apache2/conf-available/ directory and I do have a link in there to phpmyadmin.conf

Hope that helps.
getaway
Level 3
Level 3

Post by getaway »

I tried that and no change.
I me too have a link named phpmyadmin.conf to phpmyadmin.apache.conf in etc/conf-available

But what I'm puzzled with, is that apache and even php looks to run because of the right page issued by executing phpinfo(), and even an other small php program I wrote to echo one ligne in a page of firefox.

That's only phpmyadmin which doesn't look to be processed by php interpreter, although something is launched when I call for localhost/phpmyadmin in my browser. Just it doesn't look to be processed before being dislayed.
Asus UX430U
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

I totally understand the issue, I'm just not sure of the solution.

Have you restarted the service?

sudo service apache2 restart
getaway
Level 3
Level 3

Post by getaway »

Thank you MrEen

I just gave up and reinstall 18.3...
It works fine now. At least what which didn't work yesterday :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thanks a lot for kind attention.
Asus UX430U
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

Sorry we couldn't get it sorted. Just want to mention, your signature still shows 18.1. You might want to change that in a few weeks if/when you get settled on a version you're happy with. :lol:

Return to “Installation & Boot”