Icons

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Colin44

Icons

Post by Colin44 »

Some years ago I installed Mint in separate partition on a laptop. I found a small program that installed two icons on the computer start screen to choose either Windows or Mint.
Try as I may I cant find it, can anyone help please?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Sir Charles

Re: Icons

Post by Sir Charles »

I am not sure (and I have never used it myself) but could it have been rEFInd?
http://www.rodsbooks.com/refind/
Colin44

Post by Colin44 »

Thanks for the reply.
No not that one, it just displayed a Windows logo and the Mint logo. Click on which one that was required.
Just me being lazy, nothing wrong with the text version!
Sgthawker
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Sgthawker »

Not Partition Magic, I remember that program well, but there was another, I think, with Commander in the name that used icons for OS selection. I used it as well multibooting Mandrake Linux with Windows(98?) and FreeBSD. Can't seem to locate any manuals or CDs for it though.
LM21.1 KDE/LM21.1 Cin/ UEFI Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Ryzen 7 5800X, GTX 3060, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVMe
LM21.1 KDE/LM21.1 Cin/ UEFI on STRIX laptop, i7700 HQ, GTX 1060, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVMe
Colin44

Post by Colin44 »

Thank!
I will keep looking.
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Post by trytip »

i remember using System Commander, but that only was able to be installed in windows. that was my first experience with dual boot i would have win95 and win98 along with winME
https://winworldpc.com/product/system-commander/2x
Colin44

Post by Colin44 »

I think the one I was looking for was EasyBCD.
However I read that computers using UEFI and not BIOS can have problems with it and not all options are available.
I shall leave well alone and not tinker!

Thanks to all that posted
Sgthawker
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Sgthawker »

System Commander for the win!

I remember EasyBCD also.
LM21.1 KDE/LM21.1 Cin/ UEFI Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Ryzen 7 5800X, GTX 3060, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVMe
LM21.1 KDE/LM21.1 Cin/ UEFI on STRIX laptop, i7700 HQ, GTX 1060, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVMe

Return to “Installation & Boot”