Boot delay

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
paradoks95

Boot delay

Post by paradoks95 »

I just installed Mint 19 to my laptop, when I turn on my laptop I see a black screen for 5-6 seconds after lenovo logo and after black screen I see some texts that the system is cheking something. So mint is booting a little late than it should be. I also see that texts when I turn off the laptop.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Boot delay

Post by deepakdeshp »

Only a matter of 5-6seconds? There are more and worse horror stories of Lenovo and mint.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

hi paradoks95...let us see exactly what youve got for bootup items as well as actual total bootup time...copy and paste the following codes into the terminal command box one at a time, after that, copy and paste the results back here...DAMIEN

systemd-analyze blame

systemd-analyze
bill_steamshovel
Level 3
Level 3

Post by bill_steamshovel »

After an install there are a number of items in the boot startup menu - how do us newbies figure out which ones are really needed - is the re a list somewhere please ?

Bill

Return to “Installation & Boot”