Is it possible to clone LinuxMint to use in another machine (like Ghost in Windows)

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
imfromvn

Is it possible to clone LinuxMint to use in another machine (like Ghost in Windows)

Post by imfromvn »

Hello EV1

First, sorry for my english, i'm from Vietnam

In machine 1, i have to burn linuxmint to USB and install, afterthat, i have install some software like ibus-unikey, opera, ..... and use it, but my problem that my office has 50 machines (use windows 10) and i have plan to use linuxmint for all machine but i don't want to start over.

Because all my machine has same hardware so in Windows, i only to install in one machine and use Ghost (Synmaster ghost) to clone to another machine and it worked perfect but i don't know how to use in Linux Mint

Anyone have suggest ?

Again, Sorry for my EngLish but i think ev1 can know what i mean
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
externa1
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Is it possible to clone LinuxMint to use in another machine (like Ghost in Windows)

Post by externa1 »

Hi,

You can do that with clonezilla (boot stick) https://clonezilla.org/

Or with timeshift - but there you'll have to setup lm bevor restoring on the new machine

rg
Christian
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Is it possible to clone LinuxMint to use in another machine (like Ghost in Windows)

Post by Pierre »

the Linux System is much more forgiving than the Windows System is,,
when cloning from one drive to another drive,,
however, it's video card that often gives the most troubles.

sometimes, it pays to remove the video card driver, before any cloning is done.
and then restore the video card driver, after each cloning is done.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

Return to “Installation & Boot”