Linux Mint 19 XFCE laptop usb boot no touch pad

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jinda

Linux Mint 19 XFCE laptop usb boot no touch pad

Post by jinda »

Everyone
Made a bookable usb with Linux Mint 19 XFCE for my laptop. There is no touch pad and keyboard on my dell inspiron 11 p24t. This is the worlds cheapest (129) laptop and I am not shocked. Works with the Linux distro am using very well. Is there a way to change the touch pad and or keyboard on boot.

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Linux Mint 19 XFCE laptop usb boot no touch pad

Post by catweazel »

jinda wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:31 pm Everyone
Made a bookable usb with Linux Mint 19 XFCE for my laptop. There is no touch pad and keyboard on my dell inspiron 11 p24t. This is the worlds cheapest (129) laptop and I am not shocked. Works with the Linux distro am using very well. Is there a way to change the touch pad and or keyboard on boot.

Thanks
This, I think, only works on a proper installation, unless you setup a live USB with persistence... Do this in a terminal:

sudo apt install --reinstall xserver-xorg-input-synaptics

Then reboot. There's no point rebooting a live USB after issuing that command because the change won't stick. I don't know if issuing that command in a live environment will even work.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
jinda

Re: Linux Mint 19 XFCE laptop usb boot no touch pad

Post by jinda »

Thanks you the best!!!

Return to “Installation & Boot”