UEFI VS BIOS FIRMWARE

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
FargerLake

UEFI VS BIOS FIRMWARE

Post by FargerLake »

Please delete this thread, for the reason, that the responses from members, make Linux Mint look bad. Like, only arrogant, condescending, men and women use Mint. We know that is not the case. A few really kind, and knowledgeable individuals have responded to my questions in this forum, and provided useful answers.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: UEFI BIOS FIRMWARE

Post by richyrich »

Please, can you edit your post and put it in readable paragraphs.
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Post by AZgl1800 »

Yes,

the very first thing I do, when I see a huge bunch of Run On sentences, is to ignore the whole thing.
and I don't see a question? in there anywhere.

you need to take this up with the PC manufacturers.
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
HaveaMint
Level 6
Level 6

Post by HaveaMint »

One drop of super glue on the comma key in the up position would help a bunch.
"Tune for maximum Smoke and then read the Instructions".
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Post by rene »

My expectation is that some ways before getting to "expert level" regarding UEFI you will find it to not actually be in itself a problem; that it is in fact much better defined than Legacy BIOS ever was and quite to be preferred. That at that point your ire will shift to specifically Secure Boot and/or TPM -- until you find out that now that you do understand the UEFI system itself, that's not in fact much of a problem in practice either unless you pretty specifically buy something on which it is (e.g., a Microsoft Surface tablet).

All of the above modulo early, "test-like", UEFI implementations by BIOS vendors. There you need to blame the implementation rather than the system...

Return to “Installation & Boot”