Linux failed to delete file

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ex 4722

Linux failed to delete file

Post by Ex 4722 »

Hi, I just got Linux Mint a few days ago all went well until I tried to get a refined boot manager.
I thought I downloaded one but I ran all the commands for refined and then I powered it off to see if it worked and I saw the Windows blue screen of death. The screen was my computer logo Acer and then the message, not Bootloader found and sewer system. I was Ina boot loop after until it said Windows looking for problems and then I got to a screen that was the startup mean for the window so with installing from USB and troubleshooting. That problem fixed with windows but an even bigger problem arose. I choose from windows recovery page to reinstall windows from last update or something like that. I choose a time when I had backed up windows and reinstalled it so I lost some stuff. The problem is that Linux was deleted and is no trace of it whatsoever. Now I want to reinstall Linux but i got up to restarting to the computer to finalize the installation and I got a black screen with something along the line of Linux failed to remove partitioner followed by a string of numbers. HELP I like Linux a lot and my computer is so slow.
I did some more digging and There is a trace of Linux, in the disk management you get from typing in diskmgmt in windows command.
Linux mint.PNG
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Linux failed to delete file

Post by deepakdeshp »

The Linux Mint install process.
https://linuxhint.com/install_linux_mint_19/
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb

Return to “Installation & Boot”