Unable To Select A Boot (urgent)

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vw98075

Unable To Select A Boot (urgent)

Post by vw98075 »

On my dual boot installation Cinnamon 18.3 and Windows 10 computer, I am unable to select any boot other than the default one this morning. The up and down arrow keys don't work, nor the c and e key. The problem occurs to me before. I was able to solve this problem by shutting down my computer. That doesn't help this morning.

How to resolve this problem so that I can access my Windows 10?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
davidcit646

Re: Unable To Select A Boot (urgent)

Post by davidcit646 »

I logged in to post this exact same thing. I think the USB ports are disabled. I tried PS/2 and it didn't work either.

What MOBO are you using? I'm using an Asrock z370 Pro4
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

Please see 8f keyboard is plugged in properly.
Can you go to Bios by choosing proper key?
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
vw98075

Post by vw98075 »

deepakdeshp wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:03 pm Please see 8f keyboard is plugged in properly.
Can you go to Bios by choosing proper key?
Only on the screen, keys doesn't work. I do some online search on the subject and try the page down key and ctr+N. None of them work for me. As I have mentioned, neither of the key C and E option work on the screen too. I assume the keyboard is disable on the screen.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

Looks like bad keyboard. Test it on a different machine, or test a different working keyboard on your machine.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
vw98075

Post by vw98075 »

deepakdeshp wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:58 pm Looks like bad keyboard. Test it on a different machine, or test a different working keyboard on your machine.
The keyboard works fine other than the screen. I have no reason to believe something wrong with the keyboard. It has been mentioned that BIOS disable the keyboard somehow.
vw98075

Re: Unable To Select A Boot (urgent) [SOLVED}

Post by vw98075 »

For this problem, people mentioned different solutions. I try some of them without a luck. One person said that unpluging his wireless mouse USB solved the problem for him. The method solves the problem for me too although I don't know how it works.

Return to “Installation & Boot”