Anyone tried installing mint on Beelink S2 Intel Gemini Lake N4100 Mini PC

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Asusucks

Anyone tried installing mint on Beelink S2 Intel Gemini Lake N4100 Mini PC

Post by Asusucks »

It seems like an ok device for my needs but it comes with windows 10. In one review it was pointed out that ubuntu was installed successfully. Does that mean Mint should work also?

This is the device i am talking about:
https://www.amazon.com/Beelink-S2-Celer ... B07D9F9NPV

About linux they provide this info: " Support Linux System
To ensure the compatibility of system, please contact with seller. "

Someone asked them:

A: " Can I install linux os? "
B: "Answer: YES.
Please contact with our technical support tearm. we will sent you files.thanks."

A: "Assuming you cannot download ubuntu 16 and install using either external iso burned dvd or usb is this correct? why must we contact tech support?"

B: "Answer: Hi,because it requires the right version and the right driver, our after-sales service team can provide them to you, and the operation is simple. "

That is strange and unproductive to me. I do not want to contact them if I want to install some OS.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
BG405
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Anyone tried installing mint on Beelink S2 Intel Gemini Lake N4100 Mini PC

Post by BG405 »

That sounds odd to me, too. I'd contact them first & ask them questions like:
  • Can the internal storage be upgraded?
    64GB may be sufficient for the root, swap & maybe some storage for /home, at least for now. However, what happens if it fails? Will it run OK from the HDD/SSD?
  • Can the RAM be upgraded? If so, what's the maximum capacity?
  • What, exactly, are the drivers etc. which are stated as required? Can you provide a link to the necessary hardware drivers, with instructions for Mint/Ubuntu/Debian/Arch etc.?
If they do not provide these sort of details prior to purchase, I'd look elsewhere.

As for one of the above questions, I see someone has already asked:
Question:
“is there ram expandable? up to how much gb will it support?”
Answer:
Hi,It can not expandable ram. but it can expandable rom.
Yuancin US
Seller · June 4, 2018
Not sure what that answer is supposed to mean. :roll:
Dell Inspiron 1525 - LM17.3 CE 64-------------------Lenovo T440 - Manjaro KDE with Mint VMs
Toshiba NB250 - Manjaro KDE------------------------Acer Aspire One D255E - LM21.3 Xfce
Acer Aspire E11 ES1-111M - LM18.2 KDE 64 ----Two ROMS don't make a WRITE

Return to “Installation & Boot”