Unable to fix grub2 mint19 after bios change / grub rescue

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Kal1b3r

Unable to fix grub2 mint19 after bios change / grub rescue

Post by Kal1b3r »

Hello all. I have mint19 LVM that after I changed the xhci hand-off through a tutorial I read to enable usb 3.0 support, grub has crashed and will no longer boot.

I am unable to fix grub through the different resolutions that I have found online and in the forums. I have tried boot-repair, Super Grub2, and live CD methods. The system is not recognizing the drives when it goes into grub rescue and I perform the 'ls' command on all the drives it pulls up. I get unknown file system on all of them. When trying to use boot-repair live on USB, instead of giving the option of recommended repair, it only allows for the output of the filesystem which I have attached a link below. I have had success in the past with older version of Mint and resolving boot issues for others, but this is a new one for me. Any and all help is appreciated.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/p/SXMzVQZPmS/
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Installation & Boot”