Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
ViaLobos
Level 1
Level 1

Scrambled display Mint Cinabon 19 just a bunch of dots and dashes on installing

Post by ViaLobos » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:48 pm

I have had success with earlier Mints. But the 19 Cinnamon iso just downloaded results in a messed up display on initial install. I am using VirtualBox 5.2.20 on Win7, and I expected perfection. I fiddled with the display settings as much as the affordances afforded, but I can't fix it. My physical display hardware is AMD Radeon HD 6800. My physical monitor is Dell U3011 2560x1600. I don't know how to describe the effect of the raster as I have forgotten the terminology.

AZgl1500
Level 9
Level 9
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plains

Re: Scrambled display Mint Cinabon 19 just a bunch of dots and dashes on installing

Post by AZgl1500 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:03 pm

I don't have the answer for you, but, I have noticed this same problem in trying to install certain ISO releases in VirtualBox....

they come up with an out of Sync Display exactly like the old B&W TV sets did back in 1953 when the signal was not strong enough to give a good Sync signal to the TV.

ViaLobos
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Scrambled display Mint Cinabon 19 just a bunch of dots and dashes on installing

Post by ViaLobos » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:58 pm

When this problem happened I had just installed a new version of virtualbox and tried the mint 19 iso install.

But rebooting the host fixed it. The install screen now appears normally.

Return to “Installation & Boot”