Install on /dev/sda2

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nostromo

Install on /dev/sda2

Post by nostromo »

gpart.jpg
My last install was LM Mate 17.3 Rosa on "sda2",I'm looking to do a clean install of LM Mate 19 on "sda2".
Is it pretty straight forward to direct my install to sda2 during the installation process?
I only run "LTS's" so Im not real proficient during install time,Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Install on /dev/sda2

Post by all41 »

It should be straight forward. Make sure you have all your personal files backed up from both partitions
just in case something goes amiss.
During install you will be presented with a location option screen.
Choose 'Something else'
Then point the install to sda2 choosing to format the partition
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Post by trytip »

if you have all the files you want like videos and documents saved i would delete sda2 then create primary ext4 25GB for /root and the rest create primary ext4 for /home
when you install do manual installation

WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

Choose the Something else option, select sda2, then Use as choose ext4 then Mount Point / and at the bottom select /dev/sda for the bootloader installation.
nostromo

Post by nostromo »

Thank you everyone for help! I know Mint has a very user friendly installer...just wanted to prepare myself before starting.
"Rosa" has been rock solid! Really hate to give her up.

Return to “Installation & Boot”