[Solved] Error after login

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
trinity2oo8

[Solved] Error after login

Post by trinity2oo8 »

Cinnamon 18.3 64bit
Encrypted drive and encrypted home folder

Problem:
After unlocking drive, regular login screen appears. When I try to log in as user or guest session, this message appears..

unable to launch "cinnamon-session-cinnamon" x session
"cinnamon-session-cinnamon" not found; falling back to default session

I click the ok button, and end up with a blank screen. I suspect the reason is that I deleted a file I should not have while removing pulse audio. :cry:

Thank you for your time
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kukamuumuka

Re: Error after login

Post by kukamuumuka »

trinity2oo8

Re: [Solved] Error after login

Post by trinity2oo8 »

Nice catch administrollaattori :D

The solution in the link you provided worked perfectly!
I'm new to the forum, and I did try a search using the error given, but the result was an error from the search engine saying the search string needed to be 5 words or less...
Being a newbie to linux I did not know what key words to use in the search string for pertinent results. I was so happy to see your reply since many people had viewed but not left a response...
When I opened the link you provided, there was my exact problem and the solution! So I did another search in the forum, using "cinnamon-session-cinnamon" not found, which produced pages of results, but on the second page about half way down, there it was :roll:

Thanks again and thank you Lord Boltar for posting the original solution.

Return to “Installation & Boot”