administrollaattori wrote: ⤴
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:07 am
mhenriday wrote: ⤴
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:00 am
Almost back to square one ; how do you suggest I can turn the HDA Controller on and make the Output real ? Unfortunately, the three-attachment limit prevents me from here showing what I see on performing
but in the event it would be of interest, I can do so in a new post to this thread....
I have no AMILO La 1703
anymore, so I cannot test it with newer Mint. With newer Mints, it can be the next issue?
As the enthusiastic message below, which I very nearly sent you yesterday,[ b]administrollaattori[/b] shows the problem doesn't seem to lie in which Mint edition I'm using ; for an all too brief period of time -tested by rebooting at least four times - the sound worked on this AMILO La 1703 machine with Linux Mint 19 Mate installed :
, it would seem that the age of miracles is indeed not passed - I'm now able to listen to my favourite test piece, Pachelbel's Canon in D Major
on this antique machine (very poor sound quality, but what can one expect from these speakers ?) !!! What I did in what I had determined was to be my very last try was to rerun
, use the «Override» setting to set all unconnected pins that could be so set to «Internal speakers» did the same for «microphone» and «headphone». I then removed the «Override» setting, applied the new settings, installed a boot override, and then rebooted. I didn't expect it to work, but mirabile dictu
, it did, and the internal speakers now function. I still am unable to test them via the sound manager, and headphones don't work (but plugging them in overrides the internal speakers !), but I am quite satisfied with the dénouement
of our efforts and now mark this thread as SOLVED !...
Once again, much thanks for all your help ; it has been greatly appreciated !...
Before posting my response, however, I decided to reboot just one more time, and suddenly I found myself back at Square 1 again, with no sound !...
The problem seems rather to be that the boot override, which should connect certain unconnected pins to the internal speakers either doesn't «take» or - on the rare occasions when it does, like that described in the response I almost posted to you yesterday - it then, for reasons unknown (at least to me), it removes, leaving the pins once more unconnected. I've tried performing
again to resolve the issue, but no joy. This is what I see - first :
then, after selecting the option to show unconnected pins :
After overriding the settings for the unconnected pins, applying the new settings, removing the override settings from the individual pins, and finally, installing a boot override and rebooting, I return to precisely the same situation as in the first screenshot above, i e, that only the three pins -
, respectively - are connected, none of which are connected to the internal speakers. If I only could establish that connexion, as I briefly managed to do yesterday, and preserve it, then the problem would be solved....
n try running
For the moment, however, I remain at a loss.
Do you think it would be meaningful to reinstall
and try running